SESSIONS: 01 02 03
Starting Point: Installed
All the "how-to-do-it" instructions on this website presuppose that:
- You have installed WinGRASS using the methods spelled out in INSTALL
- You have Downloaded Spearfish sample data.
- You have used SPEARFISH to create /home/[your login]/database and have extracted the Spearfish data there, and using Windows Explorer, your file directory looks very much like this:
Where "John" appears would be whatever identity is used to log you onto your computer.
- You have used How to make the bash screen a "kinder, gentler" screen to change the colors of the Cygwin Bash screen. Its no big deal if you haven't, but your Cygwin Bash screen won't look as nice as mine!
- We now have WinGRASS (with suitable sample data) all installed on our computers and we are now ready take it around the block. My startup screens look like this: :
CLICK TO ENLARGE
- If your startup screen doesn't look remarkably similar, best advice is that you start over, do a full UNINSTALL, and start over. There is no point in trying to go further until you get this right.
Comments or suggestions?