SESSIONS: 01 02 03
Some Nagging Questions (aka Locks Left to Pick)
- When WinGRASS is loaded, and a display monitor is started, there are 3 windows loaded, all of which appear to be needed in the operation of WinGRASS:
...so the question becomes, "How does one arrange these on the screen (or minimized) so that they are the most useful?
- Cygwin BASH shell. It looks similar to an msdos window, occasionally displays output of commands, seems to be occasionally needed for command line commands, and seems required to exit fully out of WinGRASS
- GRASS 6.0.0 GIS Manager, and
- Display monitor, where graphics are displayed (and it appears that there could be up to seven of these)
For starters, I dragged the BASH window to the upper left of my screen, the GRASS GIS manager to the upper right of my screen, and the display monitor to the lower left of my screen, looking like this (click to enlarge):
These screen shots from the official GRASS page include some which look similar to the above, so one would assume this is a good way to start.
However, I note that WinXP has individual or grouped links on the toolbar for each of them.
How would an experienced WinGRASS user handle these multiple display windows?
- If one wanted to install additional components to WinGRASS (something we did not install initially), how would we go about it?
Comments or suggestions?