SESSIONS: 01 02 03
WinGRASS for the GREEN
Caution: These procedures are those found to work by a GRASS newbie. There may be better ways.
- Objective of this website. 3/31/2005. What I plan (eventually) to make this website be.
- How to remove Cygwin and GRASS GIS. 3/31/2005. Since there is no uninstall feature for either, this must be done manually (and carefully). If you have made a previous effort to install and it didn't work, this should be done each time before making another attempt to install.
- How to install Cygwin and GRASS GIS. 4/27/2005. How to install Cygwin and GRASS GIS.. Step-by-step, how I used and re-used (most of) the installation procedure by Huidae Cho. Note that I bail out after step 7, and proceed directly to installing the Spearfish data .
- How to install Cygwin and GRASS GIS using WinGRASS CD. 4/24/2005. How to install Cygwin and GRASS GIS using the WinGRASS CD. How I used the installation procedure from Marco Lechner's site for WinGRASS CD. Note that I bail out and proceed directly to installing the Spearfish data.
- How I got Spearfish loaded in ../database". 4/27/2005. I did this wrong several different ways. This is a way that seemed to get it right.
- How to make the bash screen a "kinder, gentler" screen. 4/27/2005
- Are you ready for any how-to pages to follow?. 3/31/2005. For any of the how-to's shown below this to work, you must have already gotten things installed in a certain way if you are going to be able to compare your screens and results with those shown.
- "How to do it" sessions. 4/1/2005. Descriptions of what is found in each "how to do it" sessions.
- Nagging Questions. 3/31/2005. Locks left to pick.
- Links that appear useful. 5/2/2005.
- To Do?. 3/31/2005. Tentative list of additional sessions.
- Problems and fixes(?). 4/25/2005. Things that went wrong and what I did to fix(?) them.
I am now at the point of trying to make it do the stuff I know it can do. I feel much as I did when I got my first tricycle and tried to make it go by pushing on both pedals at the same time!
Comments or suggestions?